A Punjabi government organization is called PUDA Punjab Housing Schemes, or Punjab Urban Planning and Development Authority. In accordance with the Punjab Regional and Town Planning and Development Act of 1995, it was established as a statutory organization on July 1st, 1995. The PUDA's main office is in Mohali. Its official name is PUDA Bhawan. This statutory authority is in charge of ensuring Punjab's metropolitan regions experience systemized growth and deliberate development. To establish the residential, commercial, and industrial regions of the state, PUDA has created a number of laws and Punjab housing projects.
Objectives of Punjab Urban Planning and Development AuthoritySome main objectives of PUDA are -
- Its objective is to boost the development of urban areas, improve city planning, and housing construction.
- Preparingthe government of Punjab housing schemes to improve the environment in urban areas.
- It provides technical planning services and project management services.
- Due to this housing scheme, they are trying to reduce some slum areas in the city.
- To promote the development of the city.
- To improve the transportation network of the city.
- Bathinda Development Authority-BDA is an ISO 9001-2008 certified authority. By preparing development plans, strengthening infrastructure facilities, and promoting growth centers, BDA wants to achieve the goals of balanced development in the area. BDA wants to develop Bathinda, where the grass is greener, fresh air, a wider road, and a perfect world city.
- Jalandhar Development Authority-The Jalandhar Development Authority is known by the abbreviation JDA. Its primary goal is the planned development of the areas under Jalandhar. It aspires to plan and arrange Punjab's industrial, financial, educational, and commercial districts as well as its sports centre.
- Dera Baba Nanak Development Authority-The primary objective of DBNDA is to enhance Dera Baba Nanak's urban regions in the Gurdaspur district. Gurdaspur is 2256 hectares in size and has 15864 inhabitants. It covers one town and twelve settlements. Due to the legend that Guru Nanak spent his final years here, Dera Baba Nanak is historically significant.
- Amritsar Development Authority-In short, it is known as ADA. It works under the direction of Punjab Regional, the Development Board, and Town Planning. The authority executes the programmes and plans that come under the act. The Amritsar Development Authority promotes urban growth and the development of the Amritsar region. So if you are looking for residential plots in PUDA Colony Amritsar, make sure ADA approves it.
- Sri Anandpur Sahib Urban Development Authority-Amarinder Singh, the chief minister of Punjab, serves as chairman of this development authority. The Punjab government's SASUDA is made up of 14 people. It includes the local MLA, the secretary of local government, and the secretary of housing and urban development. The town's development, rehabilitation, and urban growth are the goals of the Sri Anandpur Sahib Urban Development Authority.
- Greater Mohali Area Development Authority-It is shortly known as GMADA. It comes under Section 29(1) of the Punjab Regional and Town Planning and Development Act, 1995. This authority works for the development and redevelopment of some of the areas, like- Kharar, Mohali, Mullanpur, Fatehgarh Sahib, Banur, Mandi Gobindgarh, Zirakpur, Derabassi, and Roopnagar.
- Patiala Development Authority-The Patiala Development Authority develops or renovates land and housing infrastructure on behalf of the Patiala region. The Patiala Urban Planning and Development Authority delegates all development-related tasks to this authority, including the approval of new infrastructure construction, housing, land development, tenders, and colony construction. The three different types of committees were the executive committee, planning and design committee, and budget and accounts committee. The major reason for creating these committees is to make it easier for this authority to perform its duties effectively.
- Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority-The Government of Punjab believes that by entrusting a Special Authority with the task of development and redevelopment there, the goal of proper development and redevelopment of the area within the revenue districts of Ludhiana and the Phillaur tehsil of district Jalandhar will be served.
Locations of housing schemes under PUDAUnder the PUDA Housing Scheme, the houses or plots are available at the following locations:
- Ludhiana city
- Zirakpur in Chandigarh
- City heart Kharar in Chandigarh
- Smart City in Mohali
- Derabassi in Mohali
- Karnal city
- Royal garden premium Mohali estate
Benefits of housing schemes under PUDAThe benefits of the PUDA Housing Scheme are:
- The Punjab government is providing the plots at an affordable price under the PUDA plot scheme.
- The scheme benefits lower-middle or middle-class families and lower-income families in Punjab.
- Due to this scheme, the burden on plot holders may be reduced.
- Urban residential, industrial, and commercial areas will be established under this government housing scheme.
- They have access to affordable housing as well as a variety of essential amenities like transportation, supermarkets, schools, and medical facilities.
Criteria for a housing scheme
- A candidate who belongs to Punjab or is a permanent citizen of Punjab is eligible for Punjab Housing Scheme.
- The citizens of urban areas in Punjab are eligible.
- The candidate should not have any other property or house in their name.
- Only the area under this housing policy approved by the Department of Housing and Urban Development is valid.
- Around Municipal Limits, the area of a 3 km belt also comes under the PUDA housing scheme
Required documents for PUDA housing scheme
- The candidate should have an updated Aadhar card.
- The candidates should have a recent income certificate.
- Residential certificate to prove that the candidate doesn't have other property.
- The Voter ID card of the candidate is required as proof.
- A demand certificate is also required for Punjab affordable housing scheme.
- By empanelled architects-The application form has to be filled out and submitted to the concerned authority to sanction the building plans by empanelled architects. In the form of a demand draft, the security and scrutiny fee will be taken in favour of the 'Estate Officer of concern authority.' Finally, the declaration of sanction for building plans.
- By concern authority-The people who don't want the option of empanelled architects go through this option. The procedure starts by filling out the application form. Then any architect registered with the Council of Architecture completes the layouts with his signature. In favour of 'The Estate Officer of Concern Authority,' the demand draft has to be submitted as a security and scrutiny fee. A copy of the General Power of Attorney should be attached if someone other than the owner made the application.
Know the details of PUDA PropertyTo know the details of the properties of PUDA, follow the steps:
- Go to the PUDA's official website (puda.gov.in).
- Click on the button to Know the property details. The search page will open. You can search for the property details through the authorities.
- Select the options to fill in the options.
- Select the location where you are looking for properties.
- Then select the sector of the location.
- Next is usage type; the property use is commercial or residential, then use property type.
- The property details can be searched by property number or form number.
NOC in Punjab for buying a plot
How to apply for NOC
- To apply for a No Objection Certificate for Property Transfer, applicants must visit the state Municipality Council link, write a request letter, submit an application form, and attach the required documents.
- The fee for this procedure is listed in the "Fees" section.
- The authority will check the application and document set, and if all the information is right, the application will be accepted.
- The receipt will be provided, and updates will be sent via SMS to the applicant's registered mobile number.
- Once the process is completed, the applicant will receive a call from the office, and the officer may conduct a site inspection to verify the details.