In a recent verdict, the Supreme Court has announced that that the registration of the real estate company Amrapali Group will be cancelled under the Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) and lease all the company's property that was previously granted by the Noida and Greater Noida authorities. The Supreme Court has also handed the responsibility to National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC) to finish all the already pending projects of the Amrapali Group within a given timeline. Here are the top 10 points to be noted from the verdict.
- SC ordered the Enforcement Directorate (ED) to investigate into the matter and bring all the suspects who done money laundering to court. The court has mentioned that there has been a clear violation of the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA).
- The SC bench has appointed the senior advocate R. Venkataramani as the receiver of the court and he will be vested with all the rights of the Amrapali Group once lease will be cancelled.
- The SC has asked the Noida and Greater Noida authorities to handover all the certificates of completion to the flat buyers who have been already accommodating in other projects of the group.
- Senior advocate R. Venkataramani will have the full power to enter into any of the tri-party agreement for the occupation and sale of the Amrapali Group's properties to recover the pending due.
- The SC has mentioned that it may hand over the ownership right to all the 15 major residential properties of the Amrapali Group to the Noida and Greater Noida authorities as they have completely failed to fulfil most of it's obligations to the buyers.
- The Noida authorities have mentioned that under their own jurisdiction there are currently 7 projects of the Amrapali Group but with an outstanding amount of Rs.2000 crore, they have received till date only an amount of Rs.505 crore.
- The Greater Noida authorities have a different story altogether. They have mentioned that the Amrapali Group has 5 pending projects under their jurisdiction out of which 4 of them are still in the state of vacant land. The outstanding amount is close to Rs.3400 crore but they have paid only an amount of Rs.363 crores till date.
- The Supreme Court has announced that the National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC) will be responsible for completing the stalled projects in the Noida and Greater Noida jurisdictions.
- The court has appointed Pawan Aggarwal and Ravinder Bhatia as the forensic auditors and they have found several irregularities and tampering of the financial affairs in the accounts of Amrapali Group. The initial reports suggest that there has been at least Rs.3000 crore of home buyers money.
- In 2016, MS Dhoni quit as the brand ambassador of the Amrapali Group but two years later in 2018, he sued them in a case of fraudulent for Rs.150 crores.
The Amrapali Group sham has come forward all of a sudden but has surely allowed the government to take the necessary steps. The National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC) will be commencing the start of construction of all the pending projects that had been previously issued by the Amrapali Group. Almost Rs.3000 crores have been laundered by the authorities at Amrapali Group and that finally lead to a serious legal situation.