It's critical to make on-time payments on the electricity board's bills in order to maintain a steady supply of electricity. When you receive your electricity bill at the correct name and address on time, you can pay your bills. Additionally, an electrical bill is a crucial record that serves as verification of residency for official purposes, like opening a bank account, applying for government programs, obtaining a passport or driver's license, etc. A name change or the transfer of property from one person to another are the primary causes of name changes on electricity bills. To modify one's name on an electrical bill, follow the instructions.
Name change in electricity bill: Documents required
- Customer identification number also known as CA number or customer ID number (This can be obtained from previous electricity bills.)
- Original latest electricity bill
- Copy of the latest electricity bill
- Property tax receipt
- Copy of sale deed, or rental agreement
- Previous house owner’s NOC
- Aadhaar card
- Attested ID proof
- Any other document asked by the electricity board officer
Process to change name in the electricity bill
- To change one’s name on an electricity bill, visit the electricity board under which the property falls.
- Collect the application form to be filled for name change.
- Submit the duly filled application form with documents required for name change.
- The documents submitted with the form will be verified. Once done, pay the fees for the name change.
- The form will be processed, and a person will be sent for the address verification. The name on the electricity bill will be changed after this.
How to change your name in an electricity bill online?
To modify your name on an online electricity bill, go to the relevant website and choose the name change option. Documentation must be provided to support this. You will receive notification from the department after verification is completed. Keep in mind that each electricity board has a unique online procedure, and it can need for a single in-person visit to the office.