Leasing consultants have unique job responsibilities, and the primary responsibility is to sell or promote property successfully. There are varieties of real estate fields that employ leasing consultants to promote properties and to rent vacant spaces. These may be a warehouse, office buildings, houses or apartments, which the leasing companies should be able to sell or rent effectively. A leasing consultant may show the vacant properties or flats to the customers, explain pricing, and lease terms, process the application and negotiate lease renewals.
Leasing consultants should have proper knowledge for commercial, residential and industrial industries with an appropriate understanding of leasing and real estate terminologies. The consultants should also have experience in property management and underlying real estate business practices. Though a formal education may not be required for working as a leasing consultant, vocational training in real estate and sales management may be helpful. The leasing agents usually have a very predictable routine on a day to day basis. However, they should have the flexibility to adjust quickly to every interaction with the customer.
The most significant attributes a leasing agent should possess is that he should be easy to get along with, and have sufficient attention to details. Such type of agent should be able to do administrative work and should be ready to attend a prospect personally all the time. A leasing agent acts as a crucial lynchpin for providing the effectiveness of the efforts of a real estate company and can earn satisfaction from the residents. If you can hire the right leading agent, it will be a tremendous advantage for predicting the turnover which generally relates to leasing.
A leasing consultant can come from various backgrounds and still can be very successful, and while choosing the attributes for a leasing consultant, these are not very important. All said a highly qualified leasing consultant could create a lot of value by instilling confidence in the minds of the customers. If you have an exceptional leasing consultant, it can be the greatest asset for you to have a long-lasting result. The greatest leasing consultants do think differently and act differently and can make a business successful, and build branding easily.
Here you can get some ideas about the type of attributes you should look for while choosing a leasing consultant:
- They love their customers: Many leasing consultants do not treat their customers well which is an unfortunate trend these days. These companies treat the customers as their targets, and no soft corner is there for the customers as a human being. Filling bank account by any means takes the front seat for seducing the customers in a wrong deal. The customers are often treated as a commodity, and this can have a significant adverse effect on the credentials of such companies.
These companies may soon become a number for the customers, and the existence of the entire business may be at stake. On the contrary, a great leasing consultant is always customer focused and understands the needs of the customers perfectly well. These consultants believe their business exists for the customers only and solving the problems of the customers become the priority o their existence. When they provide excellent service to the customers, the entire business can feel the positive impact easily.
- The genuinely efficient leasing consultants have successful records: One of the most significant indicators of the future behavior of a leasing consultant is how they performed in the past. You can look for user reviews to find more about the consultant and their success records. You may also frame a suitable questionnaire to ask the consultant directly to have firsthand knowledge about their performance.
Also, you can look for the portfolio of experience and success record of the leasing consultant and can get the list of customers whom they served in the past. Once you get all such records and feedback from the consultant as well as the customers, it becomes straightforward to form an opinion about the consultant. The bottom line remains that the people who succeeded in the past, are much more likely to get success in their endeavors in the future.
- They are curious and know when to remain silent: Curiosity about knowing about the customers is one of the greatest attributes for a successful leasing consultant. It is the reason why the greatest leasing consultants in the world allow for measurable periods of silence when they communicate with the customers. This silence creates an opportunity for active listening which the customers can utilize effectively to express their views and concerns.
Unfortunately, many leasing consultants do not pay to heed t6 th5s need for which they often fail to understand the needs of the customers. The greatest leasing consultants are excellent listeners, and they like to hear what customers have to say, patiently. The questions are framed open-ended so that customers can participate freely and there is an active engagement with the customers.
- The good leasing consultants are incredibly competitive: An excellent quality for getting success is the ability to become highly completive, and this applies fully to a leasing consultant also. This competitive attitude can get its manifestation through the activities of the consultant as these consultants like to give their best under pressure. A good consultant knows the trick of the rope perfectly well and can bring out the best to outwit the other competitors in the market.
Since they love to win, they always keep abreast of the rules and regulations and try to come up with the best offer to the customers. It is possible for them to bring proposals to the customers which can be very attractive and win the confidence of the customers.
- They can follow-up relentlessly: Though this is a simple technique, many consultants overlook the tremendous benefits this technique can result. Usually, the leasing consultant does follow up till the sale is met and then they stop this activity which is often disliked by the customers. A great follow up can often be a reason for a recommendation from the customers in favor of a leasing consultant.
Conclusion: There are some essential traits for the making of excellent leasing consultants and stand out clearly in the market. The love and respect for the customers, curiosity, and ability to involve customers in discussions, competitiveness, and excellent follow up ability are some of the essential traits worth mentioning.